Sysback TSM restore problem

iyoungkeun

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello.

I have a problem with TSM Sysback network restore of image backup.

When I try to doing bare machine restore by TSM data backup(booted by NIM master system), the BOS image restore is going about 40 ~ 50% of entire backup amount then its failing with the message, "No writer in the input pipe". And the restoring network speed is very low as about 100KB/sec.

The sysback version is v5.6.7 and I was looking similar information in IBM technical information but they are not for this one.

I suspect one thing that the network interface connection speed is auto-negotiation but the network device of the restore test system is set to 100M full duplex.

And I can't change the auto-negotiation setting after complete of network boot from testing client.

Please help about changing method the NIC connection speed of restore client or let me know other way to resolve this situation.

For a information, I described test environment briefly.

- TSM server: TSM v5.3.3

- Test system: RS6000 F50 with latest firmware updates and has 2 additional ethernet adapters. Using first installed adapter for metwork boot and installation test

- NIM master system: AIX 5.2 server. Using NIM SPOT resource AIX 5.1 for the client test

- Network device connection speed between test system and TSM server, NIM master server: 100Mbps full duplex

Back