Storix real life reviews?

alntht

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have real life experience using storix tsm edition? I've read all the sites documentation and watched the video. I downloaded the trial (just in time to realize our tsm environment needed a major overhaul, and therefore didn't have time to mess with it).

I'd love to hear from someone who has had the chance to use it in either a test environment or a production environment. Ease of use, functionality of cliamed diverse hardware restores, and price are the major questions.

I've seen that flydiver is a very big supporter of the above :) but would like to hear about acutal experiences. I appologize if i just missed it in the searches, but i haven't seen much on this tool.

We use storix to take system bootable images of several linux and AIX servers in our shop.

At DR we then restore our TSM server from LTO tape and build NIM from TSM using Storix TSM edition. This process has worked very well for us. The storix products are very easy to install and set up. If you do run into issues there support is excellent.

thanks cory25. no gotcha's to mention? can you please elude to a price for licensing?

Not many gotcha's that I recall setting it up. We had to enable TFTPboot on our TSM server in order to be able to do BMR's from TSM.

I have used Storix at several companies and there support is great. The price is reasonalbe at under 2K for a Server & client.

thanks again, your input is much appreciated :)

Yes - Storix will restore to dissimilar hardware. It also let's you load different raid, fiber, and NIC drivers prior to restoring. Most of the hardware I have restored to has been dissimilar.

Back