Storage pool migration issues

Mac

Newcomer
Reaction score
I want to migrate data from disk to tape but whenever i run the migration command i get the following message yet there is clearly data still in the disk. i have enough space in the tapes. i can migrate the other storage pools but there are two that give me the No data to process messageCapture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

ANR2111W MIGRATE STGPOOL: There is no data to process for DISK-DAILY-STGP.

Hallo Mac,

besides some other reasons which can lead to this kind of situation, i would assume, that you

either issue the migrate stgpool command without using the "logmig=low" parameter or
may be you have specified in the stgpool definitin the "migdelay" parameter >0

have a look tot the manuals or use the online TSM/ISP help with the help command.

in order to download all the relevant manuals you can use for the latest TSM / Storage Protect version 8.1.22:

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/products/ISP/current/8122_2223_117/

habe a look

rgds mm

Hallo Mac,

besides some other reasons which can lead to this kind of situation, i would assume, that you

either issue the migrate stgpool command without using the "logmig=low" parameter or

have a look tot the manuals or use the online TSM/ISP help with the help command.

in order to download all the relevant manuals you can use for the latest TSM / Storage Protect version 8.1.22:

habe a look

rgds mm
Hallo Mac,

habe a look

rgds mm
Hello Micheal,

The command that i use is : migrate stgpool disk-daily-stgp lowmig=0

Thank you i will check it out

Hallo Mac,

the value "lowmig=0" would "normally" empty the stgpool DISK-DAILY-STGP, because it overwrites your default value of 70 % for the stgpool (LowMigPct - see q stg disk-d* ).

To check the value "migdelay" (if not 0), pls enter in dsmadmc session: "q stg disk-d* f=d" and check the value for: "Migration Delay: x"

If the value is "0" (=default) then all is OK because no file/dir object is delayed.

Another reason for the ANR2111W could also be that the volumes used for the disk pool DISK-DAILY-STGP are not read-write (or read only).

So pls check also: q vol * stg=ISK-DAILY-STGP
(with "f=d" as unfortunately we will not see the "access" value for a volume in the short output format )

Remark: So, as "f=d" will give us a lot of infos, i added a select statement to shorten the output.

Try the following command (in one line) fromyour TSM/ ISP dsmadmc session:

select substr(volume_name,1,10) as "MY-Volume", substr(access,1,11) as "Access" from volumes where stgpool_name='DISK-DAILY-STGP'

so far so good

rgds mm

Back