Storage Pool Data Migration

robsonl

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working on a windows TSM server and I don't know why a Disk storage pool did not start to migrate to a tape storage pool

Storage Device Estimated Pct Pct High Low Next Stora-
Pool Name Class Name Capacity Util Migr Mig Mig ge Pool
Pct Pct
----------- ---------- ---------- ----- ----- ---- --- -----------
INFRADSK DISK 51 G 99.1 0.0 10 0 LTOPOOL1
LTOPOOL1 LTOCLASS4 42,709 G 33.4 38.5 100 70

The INFRADSK is the DISK stg it is with 91 % used and it did not start to megrate. I have set to start the migration when 10 % used but it did not work.
The LTOPOOL1 is the tape storage pool and it has enough scratch tapes.

Any idea?

Tks in advance.

Hi..
The pct_utilizaed is 91% but the pct_mig is only 0% .that is the reason it is not able to migrate..The possible reason would be if there was active backup sessions which was using the Disk stg as destination.Correct me if was wrong..You can try updating the migration threshold to default and once ur backup completes u can start the migration i hope this will help..

That was a good point about pct_utilized..
I wanna add my two cents from my little experience...

just check if you see any error in the Q ACT..like "No scratch volumes are mounted" and see if the scratch volumes are actually picked by tsm server. paste the q act output when migration is supposed to start.

check if cache mode is enable on your diskpool. if it's enable thats the reason with your pct_utilized is 91% and your pct migr is (0%).

data as been migrated (0%) but it's keep a copy on your diskpool.. if you dont what to keep a copy on your diskpool just set cache mode to no.

I keep my cache enable on my diskpool for faster retore if your diskpool is large enough to keep a least 1 day of backup. if your dp is not big enough... i sugest to disable it.. you'll have a little gain in migration performance.

Back