Start TSM: libdb2.so.1

nicnictout

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

after many, many many issue i reached to install a TSM 6 on my RHEL5 64.

Unfortunately, an issue still hide behind a success, i can't start the TSM server.

I just want to train on this software before go to my client, and i haven't anything else that a server that is backuping itself on his HDD.

Well my problem is, when i start the TSM server i have the following error:
Code:
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv: error while loading shared libraries: libdb2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I followed the tips that advise to launch the db2profile scripts, but when i start it, nothing happend apparently.
Furthermore, i don't know if i have any BDD instance declared, and as i very neewbie in database all the concept of instances and more are chineese !

Someone can advise me about the parameters, the bdd declaration or any tutorial wich can help me. I read almost all http://publib.boulder.ibm.com, but as the db2profile script doesn't change anything...
There is a mean to verify that the script edit the variables?

Hi,

thx for your quick answer.

I already tried this tips, but as i said, the db2profile script doesn't change anything, and my issue wasn't solved by this procedure.

Others ideas? :)

I wonder if it(s normal that my db2profile is in this directory:

/opt/tivoli/tsm/db2/cfg/db2profile

Normally it's my install directory, and when i read the tips i noticed that it seems to be in the instance directory. So what is the default instance directory because i haven't specified yet.

Thx a lot

I got the same error message when I was mistakenly in root user.
Are you in TSM instance user when running this command?

Code:
linux:/var/local/tsm/tsminst1/tsminst1 # su - tsminst1
tsminst1@linux:~>/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv

Back