Stacking FB Server and FB DR Hub on same server

mccleld

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I know not many here are using IBM TSM FastBack yet (you should take a look at it), but I'll put this out here just in case...

In a standard FB Server > FB DR Hub configuration, I'm wondering if it would be possible/sensible to install the FB Server code on the same server as the FB DR Hub. This is to cover the eventuality that there is a disaster, the protected servers are restored using the replicated data contained on the FB DR Hub, but then require ongoing backups whilst in the DR site.

Stuff I'm unsure of is whether they'd get in the way of each other in terms of TCP ports (from my limited knowledge of FB it seems to be less configurable than TSM in terms of TCPPort usage), and code/disk usage.

Anyone have any thoughts/experiences in this? I'd love to hear from any other FB users out there.

Warm Regards,

//David Mc
London, UK

Feedback back for posterity's sake - I was successfully able to stack both the FastBack Server and the FastBack DR Hub components on the same OS (Win2K3) image. Both services carried on running, I was able to continue sending data to the DR Hub (from another FastBack Server) whilst the FastBack Server was able to continue serving backup and restore requests. In the DR scenario I'm envisaging, it's unlikely that both components would be running/busy at the same time.

Back