SQL command stall

pjcyr

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

I can't query the events table at all while using sql commands.
i.e.:
Code:
select * from events
When I run that sql command above, it just stall (command runs, but there is no output). I let it run over a 24h timeframe and still had no output from it.

I need to ctrl+c to kill it.

q events does work fine though.

Anyone would have any idea why, or where to look to solve this? I would need to run a sql command to get me the number of failed events from the last day.

thanks,

Edit: I'm using TSM server 6.1.2

Last edited:
Which platform are you using? Have you tried to run with something specific other than *?

If running with a specific search pattern and TSM still hangs, try updating the version to 6.1.5 (latest). Might be a bug.

Last edited:
hi,
i have the same problem, see apar ic69141 and it's resolve with tsm server 6.1.4 or higher

Yea, I tried a couple of sql command and every one stall when polling the event table. I've been successful with any other table until now. I was also successful running select on the event table a couple of week ago.

I believe nothing changed from before on the server.

hi, i had this problem few month ago, i remember that this problem is cause by a wrong entries in event table, and when this entry is remove from this table after somes day or week. the select will work until a new wrong entry appear in the event table.

Thanks lnal001,

it seems like you are right about the APAR ic69141.

Back