1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

SQL command stall

Discussion in 'Command Line Administrator Client' started by pjcyr, Apr 15, 2011.

1. pjcyr

pjcyr New Member

Hello,

I can't query the events table at all while using sql commands.
    i.e.:
    Code:
    select * from events
    When I run that sql command above, it just stall (command runs, but there is no output). I let it run over a 24h timeframe and still had no output from it.

I need to ctrl+c to kill it.

q events does work fine though.

Anyone would have any idea why, or where to look to solve this? I would need to run a sql command to get me the number of failed events from the last day.

thanks,

Edit: I'm using TSM server 6.1.2

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Which platform are you using? Have you tried to run with something specific other than *?

If running with a specific search pattern and TSM still hangs, try updating the version to 6.1.5 (latest). Might be a bug.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  4. lnal001

lnal001 New Member

hi,
    i have the same problem, see apar ic69141 and it's resolve with tsm server 6.1.4 or higher

5. pjcyr

pjcyr New Member

Yea, I tried a couple of sql command and every one stall when polling the event table. I've been successful with any other table until now. I was also successful running select on the event table a couple of week ago.

I believe nothing changed from before on the server.

6. lnal001

lnal001 New Member

hi, i had this problem few month ago, i remember that this problem is cause by a wrong entries in event table, and when this entry is remove from this table after somes day or week. the select will work until a new wrong entry appear in the event table.

7. pjcyr

pjcyr New Member

Thanks lnal001,

it seems like you are right about the APAR ic69141.