Spectrum Protect Automation

davidleach

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi I am looking to put a process in place and I want to find out what others are doing. So here is the process that I am working on:

· I want to send an email to Iron Mountain for the tapes that are to be returned from offsite.

· I want to send an email to our colocation on the tapes that are sitting at the IO door of the IBM library that will need to be removed for Iron Mountain pickup.

o This one has me a little bit more confused because somehow if new tapes are needed not sure how to construct this one.

· I want to figure out how to send a weekly report of all tapes that should either be outgoing or incoming so that people know what should be in the Iron Mountain container.

Thanks in advance for the help and let me know if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

Dave

PREDATAR Control23

I have done all of this in the past; what environment does your TSM server work at - Windows or Linux/UNIX/AIX?

The scripts I had (note had since I have a non-tape system now) was written in KSH. I can give you tips on how to do this depending on what your environment is on.

PREDATAR Control23

Morning Moon and thank you for the answer, currently I am using Oracle Linux 7.

PREDATAR Control23

Here is what you need to do from a 10000 foot level:

1. Use dsmadmc - meaning you have to execute scripts and TSM queries outside of TSM
2. Make sure that the TSM server can send e-mail in and out of your company
3. To get a list of the tapes to be sent to Iron Mountain and a list to be pulled out by your tape jockeys, create a script that contains the following:

Code:
dsmadmc -id=<admin> -pa=<password> -noc -dataonly=yes -display=list "q drm * wherestate=mountable" > mountable_`date+%m-%d-%y`.dat
cat mountable_`date+%m-%d-%y`.dat|mailx -s "Tape listing for offsite storage" [email protected], [email protected]
for i in `cat mountable_`date+%m-%d-%y`.dat`; do dsmadmc -id=<admin> -pa=<password> -noc -dataonly=yes -display=list "move drm $i wherestate=mountable remove=bulk tostate=vault"; done

As for the weekly summary of those sent offsite, collate the data from the results of "mountable_`date+%m-%d-%y`.dat"

As for the tapes that are incoming, just do the reverse: query on tapes that have vaultretrieve and tweak the script above to reflect this.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks Moon, I will update you once I complete the process.