Space reclamation

bonny

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I am getting the following error every time when space reclamation process runs on offsite volume. Could you please let me know the solution ? Also, how should I get the corresponding offsite volume# to restore it ?

ANR1173E Space reclamation for offsite volume(s) cannot copy file in storage pool I9999PRIME: Node XYZ-ORC, Type Backup, File space /adsmorc,

File name // dLIVABLE_Full_Archlogs_t480470405_s5147.

Thanks & best regards,

Bonny

Since you did not say which version of TSM your using, here is a quote from the Error Messages Book (TSM Version 5.1).

----------------------------------- Quote From TSM Messages Book -------------------

ANR1173E Space reclamation for offsite volume(s) cannot copy file in storage pool storage pool name: Node node name, Type file type, File space filespace name, fsId filespace id, File name file name.

Explanation: A reclamation process of offsite volumes cannot locate a copy of the specified file in any storage pool accessible by the server. If this file is part of an aggregate, the process could not locate a copy of the aggregate to which the file belongs on an accessible

volume.

System Action: The file is skipped and will not be moved from the offsite volume.

User Response: The indicated storage pool is a primary pool that should contain a copy of the file. Perhaps the volume on which that file resides is on a destroyed volume. The only usable copy of the file may now only reside on an offsite volume that was involved in the reclamation process, but was not totally reclaimed. If you bring this volume back onsite, you can recreate the file in the primary pool by using the RESTORE STGPOOL command.

-----------------------------------END Quote --------------------------------------------------

I have had this happen a couple of times, mainly whenthe tape being requested is in an unavailable state or when the library needs a library audit run.

Back