SP OC Spoke server showing unavailable

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

trying to figure out what is going on here with a Spoke server showing as unavailable.

Had an issue where both Hub and Spoke server went offline, and once both were back online, the Spoke server is showing unavailable in OC.

querying the actlog on the hub server, i see ANR1989W - remote monitoring of server spokeserver could not be started. will retry in 2 minutes

I am able to issue ping server spokeserver from the hub server and vice versa, (able to establish a connection using admin and server credentials) so i dont think that is an issue.

I did notice on the spoke server earlier, ANR0418W session for administrator IBM-OC-HUBSERVER is refused because an incorrect password was submitted.
When i saw that i attempted logging in as the IBM-OC-HUBSERVER admin defined on the spoke server and it would not let me, so i updated the password, and it let me in and i believe i saw the status go from unavailable to available and replication processing started running fine, but later on i noticed the spoke server was unavailable again

i dont understand why after doing that, it is reporting the same error again, as i have not reset the IBM-OC-HUBSERVER admin account since then.

The server times on both servers are the same, so that is not an issue (as i saw looking it up on google) and the spoke server has the PUSHSTATS set to yes (another article mentioned this)

any ideas?

i found a couple other articles on this i will need to try and see if it resolves the issue.

Back