Session rejected: Downlevel client code version

fhignz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Hi,

one of my customers had a LINUX client backing up without any problems. Then he wanted to restore some of the Linux client's files from a Windows box. The windows machine had TSM verison 4.2.1.n installed. Since then he gets the error message above even if he returns to trying to restore files with the original Linux machine. A 'query node' on the server stated Win NT 5.0 with TSM 4.2.1.n installed. My first guess was to let the user upgrade the windows version to 5.1.6 - what he did. He still gets the same error message. I guess renaming the node would resolve the problem regarding future backups of the Linux node. But how to do the necessary restores?

For completeness: the server is a Solaris 7/8 with TSM 4.2.1.11

Any hints, ideas would be great.

Fritz

you didn't say what client version is on linux box ?

hmm ... well, i had the same problem, but i worked it out with installing the same client version on restore point machine.

Also it might help to upgrade only the linux box client and do some operations on the node to make the server obvious that the node is using newer client version

Hi,

ah, sorry. The Linux client was TSM 5.1.6.

As far as I know there isn't a newer TSM version available till now, is it?

Did you install the same Linux OS version on another machine, then installing the same TSM client version as the original client? And it worked?

Thanks,

Fritz

There is a known issue with this if the UNIX clients data was accessed from a unicode enabled Winbloze client identifying itself as the UNIX systems nodename. Unfortunately to fix it you'll have to call into support for a database hack to correct the problem. NOTE: in the future, to access a UNIX nodes data from a Winbloze system, use the SET ACCESS option.

Hi,

fortunately I could solve the problem. I exported the client with all its backups and archives to tape, then imported it to another node name. The user was then able to restore his files.

Thanks to the community,

Fritz

Back