Server Wont start / DB mirrors locations

Hex

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I lost one of my local disks on one of my TSM Servers. I have replaced the disk in the array, but only the O/S is mirrored on a disk level. But there was db/log mirrors setup on a file level not a disk level. This would usually be fine as the dsmserv.dsk shows the paths for where all the db’s/logs/mirrors were.

Usually you copy the respective db’s etc into the correct paths with the correct filenames (From DB/Log to Mirror or Visa Versa, depending on the disk which is lost. Start it up and all works.

In this instance, the person who setup these db’s and mirrors a few years back, seems to have made a few mistakes with his naming. Duplicate db names and incorrect mirror volume names.
and the identical capacity is not the same.. it appears that he incorrectly named a log to a db name or or
but this is the console log error i get

ANR9999D lvminit.c(1990): ThreadId <0> The capacity of disk 'M:\DB_MIR_VOLS\D-
B_MIRR_35.DSM' has changed

Is there no other place I can view the db/log mirrors etc in more depth than the dsmserv.dsk ?

I know on ISC admin I can get logs which tell you the exact dir/file names of mirrors and and , which would help me isolate the error. But I can’t pull that info if the server is “Offline”.

Please advise if there is any other way of getting the full db/mirror paths?

TSM serv version 5.4
Window Serv 03 R2 with Sp2

tx

what is the output u r getting in q dbvol f=d. Here u ll get full DB mirrored path.

> dsmserv q dbvol f=d

So I assume you were not generating a DRM PREPARE file? If so it would list all the DB & Log volumes and their corresponding mirror volumes.

Back