Server 2 server Communication Failure

conradie

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi'all,

I've got a littlebit of a problem with my server2server comm.

Currently i have multiple tsmserver instances on one single Lpar on one side, and an other tsm server on a different Lpar. Server2server comm from one Lpar to the other lpar works perfectly. From every instance of TSM.

But the Server2Server comm from within 1 Lpar between mulitple instances of TSM, doesn't work. It has always worked untill yesterday. We had some NIC problems.

I tried to update the server2server connections, but without succes. I deleted the servers an recreated them with crossdefine on, and setting the server passwords again. But this didn't do the trick also. Creating the servers again without crossdefine of bothsides, didn't work. It did create the servers but communication wasn't established. Has anyone got any ideas.

This is the errorcode i got from TSM:

ANR0454E Session rejected by server RSTSM001.2, reason: Communication Failure.
ANR1708I Define server for RSTSM001.2 failed because the crossdefine failed.

Regards,

Stephan

Hi, have you try this :

on server2, dsmadmc:
UPDATE SERVER server1 FORCESYNC=YES

on server1, dsmadmc:
UPDATE SERVER server2 FORCESYNC=YES

Hope this helps.

I have solved the problem. The NIC of the machine didn't have its loopback function enabled. This caused the issue of not being able to detect local network connections. Not even a ping to the localhost was successful. We enable the loopback functionality, and presto, everything works again.

Back