1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Seeking senior level TSM/storage position in Illinois

Discussion in 'Storage Management Jobs' started by cayuga, Dec 3, 2010.

1. cayuga

cayuga New Member

Systems and Storage Programmer
    Hello,

I am looking for a senior level TSM engineer/architect/administrator position in eastern Illinois (Champaign-Urbana).

I have 20+ yrs experience as a Windows/Unix sys admin; 14 of those years as a TSM architect, systems programmer and admin (Windows and AIX) since ADSM v2.0 through TSM v5.5.x. I've most recently been supporting an academic environment with 10 (AIX) servers and 6000+ clients of all common O/S's. In the past, I've provided backup and archiving support for academic scientific research projects, including very large MSSQL dbs, in an HPC environment. I've managed a number of different tape libraries including IBM 3494 and ADIC/Quantum Scalar I2K, using LTO and 3590 media.

In addition, I possess a broad range of sys admin skills including full h/w and s/w support. Am particularly interested in long-term, large-scale data archiving/metadata/data retrieval challenges.

Please get in touch if you'd like more information.

Thanks!