Schedule Backup Failed

adminprem

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I need your help to understand my schedule backup is failing again and again with return code 1. I am attaching the log file details below to understand better. The only point which i want to share which i observe whatever the backup is for week or month or vm backup that is specifically failing. here is the snapshot below.

Log file:-
12/11/2015 21:00:09 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
12/11/2015 21:00:09 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'VM_SENDMAIL' failed. Return code = 1.

Going to need some additional information.

What is the version of the TSM B/A Client that is doing the backup?
Or are we backing up a VM via the TSM for VE? If so, what is the version of the TSM API and the TSM for VE?
What operating system is hosting the application?

What version of the TSM Server that we are backing up to?

Return code 1, is coming from the os.
When did the issue started?

Is the schedule backup a new setup? Have the schedule backup worked before?

What happen if we do a manual backup?

Is the schedule daemon/service is running?
If the schedule daemon/service is not running, start it in the foreground to see if there are any error message. While the schedule daemon/service is running in the foreground. Do a test schedule backup , while the schedule daemon/service is running in the foreground watch for error message(s).
If the test schedule backup works, then start the schedule daemon/service in the background.
Also, check the permission for the schedule daemon/service.

On the TSM Server, are there any messages around the time frame of the schedule backup?

Good Luck,
Sias

Hi Sias,

Thank you for your prompt reply as requested here is the details below. please do let me know if any other details is required.

1. Client version is 6.2.2.
2.Windows server 2008 R2 is hosting the application.
3. issue started from last 2 weeks.
4. Yes schedule backup was working earlier from last many years.
5. Manual backup is working fine.
6. Yes schedule daemon service is running.
7 I checked the permission that is okie.
8. No error message on that time.

Regards
Prem Singh

Back