SAP Backup extremely slow!

bakeston

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We use TSM for ERP to backup our SAP systems. This has been working like clockwork for the past few months but came in this morning and the backup is still running. It usually take 2hrs to backup 205Gb over the LAN to disk. However it has only backed up 70GB since 9pm last night.

The backup is still running however will not finish in time for the next scheduled backup.

Nothing has changed on the network and we backup the Archive logs in the morning and these ran as normal.

Are there any pointers as to why the backup is so slow?

Many Thanks,

Iain

You're sure no changes were made on the switch and the NIC settings are unchanged? A good way to check is to FTP from the client to the TSM server. If the transfer is good then it's TSM. Does it go to tape directly or to disk? If to tape, was it waiting for a drive to free up?

No changes. We have an archive log job which runs in the morning and this was fine (same servers, LAN, client)

It backs up to the primary stgpool (DISK).

No the migration kicks off after the backup.

I let the backup finish the other day took almost 24hrs!!!

I setup a new backup job and this is doing exactly the same. Still running this morning.

From DB13 we have an archive log job which runs without any issue. Is there no logs i can look at to diagnose the problem from the TSM side?

Thanks for the reply,

Iain

Back