• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Running TDP-Oracle.x86_64.bin to Install TDP-Oracle 6.3 on Linux 5 gives "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot o"

jeinhorn

ADSM.ORG Member
I have a virtual machine running 5.11 (unfortunately, required to support old application)
I already installed TSM Backup-Archive client version 6.3.1.0 and it's working fine.
I'm trying to install TDP-Oracle. I located source for TDP-Oracle v6.3
I'm logged in as root. When I run TDP-Oracle.x86_64.bin I get the following result:

Code:
[[email protected] linux86_64]# ./TDP-Oracle.x86_64.bin -console
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

(.:18983): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
Note that I get the same result if I do not use the "-console" switch.
I believe java is correctly installed:
Code:
[[email protected] linux86_64]# java -version
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-55)

Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
I also tried to run the binary via VNC session. It terminates with "Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException" followed by a stack trace. I really just want to install in console mode. I have searched for other postings showing this error, both within and outside of adsm.org and I have found nothing.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks,
Janet

RecoveryOne

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Don't have a machine to test out on but few thoughts:
Can you export your display to another server (or Swan)? 'ssh -Y [email protected]' then execute the installer. This would give you the X11 installer window.
From what you posted your Java interpreter is gij - or the GNU Interpreter for Java. I've seen some cases where one must use real Sun/Oracle Java.
After you install 'real' java, you should be able to run '/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java'. See https://access.redhat.com/documenta...sect-use_alternatives_to_set_default_JDK.html
Once using the real java, try the installer again.

Hope it helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pzzl321