Robotic Failure Code 9E:09 in IBM TS3200 tape Library

edcongolo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
IBM TS3200 tape Library error code 9E 09

hi there,

I Have a TS3200 Tape Library, t
he unit has been working for several years, but now when it powers on I see a 'Robotic Failure 9# 09'.
Once I clear the error, I can get it when I try to eject the left magazine, eject the right magazine, access the I/O station or do a pre-inventory.
The only thing i could find on the internet says to make sure that the accessor (or robotic picker) is not obstructed.
I manually ejected the magazines and inspected inside the unit, but saw no obstructions.
I took the top off the unit to try and see what might be happening. Just prior to the error happening, i see the accessor (robotic picker) move to the middle of the unit, spins to face the left magazine, then spins to face the right magazine, then sounds like it attempts to raise and lower the picker. however, it sounds like it's hung up on something because the picker platform doesn't actually raise from the bottom position. Then it reports the Robotic Error.
I hope this is a simple user fix as opposed to having to replace the accessor, which I can't do because it's out of warranty.

Can someone help me find a solution for this?

regards...

Last edited:
Back