RHEL stop tsm on shutdown

koutsane

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get Red Hat Enterprise linux to stop the tsm server if the system is shutdown via the "shutdown" or "init" commands?

I have tried creating an /etc/rc.shutdown file but it doesn't execute on shutdown or reboot.

I have also attempted creating a servcie with the chkconfig --add command but that too is failing to excuting when changing runlevels....

I am really stumped and would greatly appreciate all and any help

Evan

Create a script that will use the dsmadmc command to issue a halt to the TSM server and then link that script in all the run-levels that TSM starts in with a capital K at the begining. For example, if TSM starts in run level 2, you'd create a link in /etc/rc/rc2.d called K99tsm-server that linked to your shutdown script.

-Aaron

Hi Aaron,

It doesn't seem to work, i tried using the method as you described yet i don't seem to be able to get the script to execute during system shutdown or reboot.

E.g.

[root@Charm koutsane]# ln -s /etc/rc.shutdown /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/K99rc.shutdown

[root@Charm koutsane]# cat /etc/rc.shutdown
#### Shutting down TSM Server ####
echo "Clean kill of TSM Server...`date`" > /home/koutsane/rcshutdown.chk
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin "halt"

[root@Charm koutsane]# ls -lasp /etc/rc.shutdown
4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 178 Feb 9 14:06 /etc/rc.shutdown

Hi,

TSM for linux contains /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.rc script which is chkconfig ready - just copy it into /etc/init.d and use it as every other .... have no problem with it

Harry

Back