Reuse Delay

alexsteele

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,
We were running out of scratches on one of the logical libraries, after i ran reclamation on tape storage pool , i could see there were nearly 6 volumes that i could have used, State of all these 6 volumes was showing as pending,i wanted to know, when i checked the number of scratches before running reclamation it was 2, even after i ran reclmation i could see the scratches are still at 2,Why? i wanted to understand if this is because volumes are still assigned to that storage pool , if that is the case what should i do to use these volumes right away, or is this because we have set the reuse delay for this tape pool to 2 days. What i do to use these volumes right after reclamation.

But moon buddy, i dont want to change the reuse delay for the entire storage pool, is there any other way to use the volumes which have been reclamined other than changing the resuse delay.

You can of course run 'delete volume' which has the effect of bypassing the re-use delay for whichever pending tapes you specify.

You can of course run 'delete volume' which has the effect of bypassing the re-use delay for whichever pending tapes you specify.

In my viewpoint, this is a bad practice especially if DRM is used. You may have the results you need but destroys to normal flow of things. This is why I don't give this as an option.

The best way is to really wait for the reuse delay to kick in, and have more scratch tapes on hand, or have more free Logical tapes..

Back