Restoring tsm with DRM

ESK30

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Folks, could someone point me in the right direction. We have been using drm for about 3 years now. At the time we implemented this we received some basic training in how to restore tsm in case of emergency but it has been so long ago basically I dont know where to begin.

What I need to do now is run through a test of restoring tsm, but we will have to backup our db using an 8mm drive instead of the 9840 drives currently in our library. So I need to know several things.

1. How to back up our db to an 8mm drive outside our tsm library

2. How to go about restoring db to a new sever and what other files we will need off tsm to accomplish this rebuild.

We a running tsm in aix

Thanks for any help,

Simply backing up database and restoring database is not enough for DR. But you have to do backup as part of your DR plan.

My first suggestion would be to do backup to 9840. For 8mm tape drive, you have to configure it as manual tape library and you will be responsible for managing tapes unlike 9840 Tape Library ( I am assuming it's a tape library )

Let's start from here. Do you have any disk pool?

If you do then you have to push data from disk pool to tape pool. You need to do this for all of your disk pool.

Then you need to copy your tape pool to offsite tape pool.

Then you need to do database backup

After that you would need to run prepare command to create Disaster Recovery Plan or script.

Your newly created offsite tape pool + DB Backup tape + D.R Plan/script + OS backup should be enough for DR.

Back