Restore Volume problems

TBart

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
My server has 5 removable drives. I have each drive divided into 5 volumes of 20GB each for my primary storage pool. In order to test my ability to recover from a drive failure, I pulled one of the drives out. I varied it offline, updated all the volumes on it to "destroyed", and then put a new NTFS-formatted drive in its place.

When I try to restore the volumes from my copypool, here is the response I get:

ANR1256W Volume H:\VOLUMES\DATA1.DSM contains files that could not be restored.

I have told it to use the correct copy pool, and it grabs the tape it needs. Once it starts to try the copy from the tape, it sets all of the other storage pool volumes to read-only access.

What am I missing?

I did the same exercise with live data. I received the same message on some of my disk storage pools. In my case not all of the data had been moved to the Copy Pool. I would suspect a backup ran and moved some data between the "backup storage pool" and the failure.

To me, the important thing was that TSM had correct information on what objects it did have and would pickup what it lost (if it could) on the next backup.

Andy

I figured it out. You comment made me think about my copy pool. I have 3 copy pools, and I was telling it to use the wrong one for this operation.

Thanks. ID10T error on my part.

Back