Restore Problem - >Structured File Type Data Unknown

whitehall

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hello there,

Help Please!!! I am constantly getting this message on the TSM Client when a restore completes on a particular node. I have tried restoring manually from the CLI and also from a different Version of the TSM Client. Do es anyone have any idea as users are getting really annoyed that their data is not being restored!!]

Any help greatly appreciated....

PREDATAR Control23

Hello there,

Help Please!!! I am constantly getting this message on the TSM Client when a restore completes on a particular node. I have tried restoring manually from the CLI and also from a different Version of the TSM Client. Do es anyone have any idea as users are getting really annoyed that their data is not being restored!!]

Any help greatly appreciated....

It might be, that the TSM Database is buggy, so you have to make an audit about all of your Volumes to fix the temporary Error.
"audit volume <volname> fix=yes"

After all you have to update your clients to a new version.

see http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PQ80582

PREDATAR Control23

Just to preserve this for the record: this error can also occur if the backup time for your system drive data and system state image do not match. Pay careful attention with point in time restores: ensure that your selection time for the system data drive is an exact match or slightly after the time of the system state objects.