Restore of Exchange 2007 after complete OS restore

uno

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I am currently running a test restore of the complete system for a Windows Server 2008 running Exchange 2007. It is backed up using BAclient 6.1.3.0 for all files except Exchange database, and TDP for Exchange 6.1.1.0 for Exchange.
I have restored the OS successfully (clean install, restore disks and systemstate). Now I want to restore the Exchange Database as well. Does anyone know what steps I need to take before restoring the Storage Groups? I tried just starting the Exchange Client GUI and run a restore of the complete server, after starting the Exchange Information Store service. But it failed with error "ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESERESTORECOMPLETE() failed with HRESULT: 0xc7ff1004"

Are the TDP/BA clients the same code level as they were before? Did you restore or install TDP? You may want to reinstall TDP to ensure the API is in there cleanly.

BA client was a little newer (6.1.3.3 vs 6.1.3.1) before the complete system restore, but now it is back at 6.1.3.1 again since it was restored from backup. TDP version (6.1.1.0) is the same since it also was restored from backup. I have not re-installed TDP. Maybe I should try that.

It's worth a shot. I've run into issues where if the same exact rev of the TDP and BA client weren't used the restore would fail. Can't hurt, right?

I got it working when I used the command-line TDP client instead of the GUI. I guess the wrong incrementals were selected in the GUI or something.

Back