Restore Mailbox Failed in TDP 6.1 (ACN5909E)

chiptracy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Dear All,
My Exchange System's using Exchange 2007, I use TDP 6.1 to backup.
But I can't restore mailbox (Backup & Restore Exchange Database OK). Error log report:

"ACN5909E. The MAPI subsystem logon has failed.Please check that you have an active mailbox and sufficient privileges for this operation."

I saw the IBM's website support
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...79&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct669tivoli
But not fix this problem !

I tested MAPI , this is result:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpmapi.exe testmapi
/mailboxalias=congbm /excserver=ex64bit

Testing MAPI [Ex64bit, Congbm, 8]...Set Profile Error: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR

I don't know to fix this problem,

Dear everybody,

Can you fix this problem ?

Thanks and best regards,

Hello,

We have been experiencing the same issues at our company for the last number of months. After some thorough troubleshooting with IBM we have come to a conculsion that since the software is an x64 build, it cannot access the MAPI as it is only a 32-bit DLL.

The engineers at IBM worked with us and had us test with a program called MFCMapi. We downloaded the 64-bit version of the application and found that we were unable to access MAPI with it. When we tried the 32-bit version of the application we were successful. We just want to verify that you are experiencing the same pains that we were with regards to your problem. First off, have you already installed the MAPI CDO objects for Exchange 2007? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...18-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&DisplayLang=en

One of the caveats of using this software as outlined on the blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/stephen_griff...pi-and-windows-server-2008-now-get-along.aspx is that "MAPI and CDO are still 32 bit only - it will install and work on a 64 bit machine, but only when used from a 32 bit program."

I have used Process Explorer to identify the TDPEXC process which actually launches the Mailbox Restore functionality is a 64-bit image and thus cannot access the MAPI commands.

Please try installing the MAPI+CDO objects, then re-run the test and let us know if it is functioning for you guys...

Thanks for your supporting, dsarfati

You're right !

My exchange server runs windows 2008 64bit and TDP v6.1 64bit, i install MAPI & CDO to restore mailbox in TDP, but it not work

How can i restore mailbox by TDP 64bit ? Please help me !

I have no clue why, but this seemed to work for me:

Add the Exchange server's hostname and IP to the the Exchange server's host file.

I have another Exchange server that is running on Win2008 64-bit that does not have this problem.

I have no clue why, but this seemed to work for me:

Add the Exchange server's hostname and IP to the the Exchange server's host file.

I have another Exchange server that is running on Win2008 64-bit that does not have this problem.

I did some more research and tracked this down to an IPv6 issue. Pinging the local system hostname would return ::1 instead of the IPv4 address. I disabled IPv6 via regedit and all is well now.

I did some more research and tracked this down to an IPv6 issue. Pinging the local system hostname would return ::1 instead of the IPv4 address. I disabled IPv6 via regedit and all is well now.

This fixed my issue also. I had disabled IPv6 on this machine prior to the host file fix and the issue still remained. Just out of curiousity did you try any similar troubleshooting with IPv6 before the host file fix?

This fixed my issue also. I had disabled IPv6 on this machine prior to the host file fix and the issue still remained. Just out of curiousity did you try any similar troubleshooting with IPv6 before the host file fix?

What led me to disabling IPv6 was testing I did with the tdpmapi.exe command. I noticed I could run tdpmapi and specify my other exchange server just fine, but when I specified the exchange server I was on, it would fail. I attempted to ping the local exchange server by name, which returned the IPv6 loopback address of ::1. So even though I had disabled IPv6 on the NICs, the system was still using the IPv6 stack somewhere.

What led me to disabling IPv6 was testing I did with the tdpmapi.exe command. I noticed I could run tdpmapi and specify my other exchange server just fine, but when I specified the exchange server I was on, it would fail. I attempted to ping the local exchange server by name, which returned the IPv6 loopback address of ::1. So even though I had disabled IPv6 on the NICs, the system was still using the IPv6 stack somewhere.

That's the exact same behaviour I'm seeing here. In addition it appears that if you add the Exchange server's name and IP address in the hosts file it's not even necessary to disable IPv6, although I'm presently confirming that. This has been an ongoing issue for several months so thanks for posting your solution!:up:

We are getting exactly the same problem. Running Exchange 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2. Did you find a solution that worked for Exchange 2007? Disabling IPv6 does not seem to help here.

We are getting exactly the same problem. Running Exchange 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2. Did you find a solution that worked for Exchange 2007? Disabling IPv6 does not seem to help here.

How are you disabling IPv6? Simply unchecking the box in network card properties is NOT supported by MS - go figure.

Check this link for details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Dear All,
My Exchange System's using Exchange 2007, I use TDP 6.1 to backup.
But I can't restore mailbox (Backup & Restore Exchange Database OK). Error log report:

"ACN5909E. The MAPI subsystem logon has failed.Please check that you have an active mailbox and sufficient privileges for this operation."

I saw the IBM's website support
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...79&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct669tivoli
But not fix this problem !

I tested MAPI , this is result:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpmapi.exe testmapi
/mailboxalias=congbm /excserver=ex64bit

Testing MAPI [Ex64bit, Congbm, 8]...Set Profile Error: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR

I don't know to fix this problem,

Dear everybody,

Can you fix this problem ?

Thanks and best regards,

Try using an admin account that has a mailbox. The address cannot be hidden in the GAL.

Hi everyone, im facing the same issue.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>ping localhost

Pinging QROMBCL02.xxxxx.net [::1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from ::1: time<1ms

Ping statistics for ::1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpmapi testmapi /mailboxalias=admin.itu
nes /excserver=172.24.64.132
Testing MAPI [172.24.64.132, ADMIN.ITUNES, 14]......Set Profile Error: MAPI_E_NE
TWORK_ERROR

I disabled IPv6 thru regedit, but my question is, do i need to reboot the server after the changes?

Regards..

Back