replace bad drm tape

fwellers

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure where to put this thread.
We ovewrote a drm tape that's in VAULT status with external data.
Is there a way to have Tivoli create a new drm tape with that data, or tell Tivoli that the tape is bad and have it copy the contents of that tape to a new drm tape ?

Thanks,
floyd

By "drm tape" I assume you mean a copy pool tape. Yes, just delete the volume, discarding the data on it. The next time TSM backs up your primary pool to copy pool, it will know that that data hasn't yet been backed up (because you've told TSM it's gone) and will do it.

Thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear !!
Do you just set access to destroyed ? or is there an actual delete command ?
And yes, it is a backupcopypool tape.

Thanks.

What I meant was, do you actually just use the delete volume command against it ? And then Tivoli marks all the files associated with that volume as if they need to be copied again ?

Thank you,
floyd

What I meant was, do you actually just use the delete volume command against it ? And then Tivoli marks all the files associated with that volume as if they need to be copied again ?

Thank you,
floyd

You got it.

Thanks a lot. One more question, because it sounds kind of scary to "discard" files.
But if I'm taking you correctly, and reading the manual correctly, I need to use the "discard=yes" option.

Correct ?

Thanks !!

del vol {volume} discard=yes will remove the volume and the data on it. Since it is a copy pool volume, TSM will know that there is now 1 less copy of the data and will perform a new copy the next time you backup the primary storage group the data came from.

-Aaron

Back