renamed a node , now problems

cartman

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi , I recently renamed a node , and all corresponding filespaces. Since then the LANFREE backups start, but then stop after 20 mins with this error...

12/08/2003 20:24:13 ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = 1608, errno = 10054, reason : 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.'.

any ideas ?

Thanks, Cartman

Another thing I noticed is this

Validate Protocol: No

TCP/IP Name: GBNORFSPS01

TCP/IP Address:

Globally Unique ID:

TCP/IP and Globally Unique ID are blank ... can I add these manually ? Is this a problem ?

Also the Client OS and version is not displayed ...

Node Name: GBNORFSPS01

Platform: WinNT

Client OS Level: (?)

Client Version: (?)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Cartman :rolleyes:

I think the TCPIP entry is set when the client makes a successful connection. as for GUID, look at the TSM Windows Client Manual 5.2 at page xxiii and page20. Looks like TSM is starting to create a Unique number on each client and that number has to match what the server has. (or I could be off my rocker....it's happened before)

-Aaron

okay , I have configured the HLaddress and the LLaddress will this help ?. Seems to have started backing up now ... just waiting to see if it fails as normal.

High-level Address: 10.56.1.35

Low-level Address: 1500

Do you think this will help ?? still no TCP address listed though , can I set it manually... its trnsferred 10gb now so it does not seem to be affecting anything...

Cartman

Back