Reg : TSM Server upgradation (For running 2 TSM instances)

akilap

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
Wishes.. Recently i did TSM server upgradation from version 5.2 to 5.4.2.0,and the AIX server version(5.3) have 2 tsm instances.. I have upgraded to the new version 5.4.2.0, but my q license in my tsm server shows the below entry ... as below,
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition in use: No

I have installed all the license files needed.
guess.. is there any problem with my server. since 2 tsm instances are running at present.. and the configuaration files for both the servers are at different locations..
:confused:

Hi,

this message does only mean that you do not have used/configured any of the TSM EE features.
Important is the last line of "q lic"
If it is "Server License Compliance: Valid" then it is OK, if it says "FAILED" you have to register your licences (using "reg lic file=XYZ")

Hope it helps

Harry

Reactions: BBB
Hi ,
Thanks .. I have uninstalled my previous version(5.2) and then installed the base fileset (5.4.0.0) and thn again to 5.4.2.0 .and the below are the three license files installed.
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmbasic.lic
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmee.lic
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dataret.lic

and yes.. in my q license where the "server license compliance" shows as valid .

Am bit confused.. whether the option

could let to any issues.. in future..

Hi,

it is not a problem - if you use any of the TSM EE features (server-to-server, NDMP ...) then it will change to "Yes"
Does your "q lic" looks like this?
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition in use: Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition licensed: Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition licensed: Yes
then it is OK - do not worry

Harry

Back