RECLAMATION AND BACKUP ARCHIVELOG ORACLE OVERLAPPING DRIVE

merouan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Here's my situation , i have a planning thats start backpacking archivlog database every 2 hours in storagepool devclass oraclass that's access as sequential file.
DEVCLASS FILECLASS DEVT=FILE FORMAT=DRIVE MAXCAP=209715200K MOUNTL=20 DIR="E:\DBBACKUP" SHARE=NO
the problem when i start administration script of reclamation , the planning of archivelog does not start , and drive of devclass not mounting.
thanks for help

How many reclamation process do you have defined for that storage pool? Keep in mind that each process will use 2 mounts.

Are there other sessions also writing backups to that storage pool during that time?

Do you have more than one storage pool using that device class?

The backup of the archive logs should not fail though, it might sit in MediaWait while waiting for a mount to become available. You could increase the mountlimit if you need more concurrent mounts.

thers no process reclamation for this storage pool, i have just one reclamation for ltopool , and copypool.
during th reclamation of these storagepool the backup failed
Theres no other session writing to that storage pool.
i have one storagepool for this device class

configuration of storage pool
View attachment upload_2015-2-9_14-41-17.png
View attachment upload_2015-2-9_14-45-26.png

so do you think should increase mountlimit parameter?

the oracle logs are started via a client schedule?
In the unlikely case that is also done via an admin schedule, the schedules will be run sequential.

If the backup fails, what are the errors both from TDP Oracle logs and the TSM Server activity logs?

The reclamation may or not be a contributing factor, it could be a coincidence. Need to focus on the errors to determine the cause of failure.

Back