Question re exports

epeterson

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here is my scenario...

We have DRM in place for disaster recovery. We have a DRS site with warm production servers (AIX). We use rsync to keep all the AIX files current each day. Our real prod servers are backed up at head office, and the copypool tapes sent off site each day.

One of our servers is Oracle and we use TDP to back up the databases.

The problem I have for DRS is that if we have to call tapes back from offsite storage we may be back a few days for the RMAN backups.

We do have a second TSM server running at our DRS site and I am sure we are not taking full advantage of that. We use it for backing up our primary TSM database (virtual volume).

I am wondering how the various EXPORTS would help me out (NODE, SERVER, DOMAIN, etc). Ideally I would like to be able to simply have a "live" version of our primary TSM server ready to go in the event of a diaster, or a DRS test. The only way I can see to have the RMAN data up to speed at the other site would be to do the backups from the other site for that node.

Can I use EXPORT NODE to update the remote TSM server so it knows all about our prod server?

This is probably confusing as hell!

I guess maybe what I need is the Readers Digest version of the EXPORT command.

Thanks in advance and please - no flames!

Back