Query Password Expirations

wernercd

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Where would I find either: "Password doesn't expire" or "Password Expiration Date"?

Currently, I am doing a "reactive" process where a node will fail due to password expiration... In all things, I want to be proactive. I can't be proactive without knowing "In 7 days, node x password will expire".

I can't seem to place my thumb on where that specific nugget of information is hidden.

Chris

Edit:
Looking around in say 'select * from nodes' I see:
PWSET_TIME
INVALID_PW_COUNT
PASSEXP

It seems that PASSEXP is 0 when password is set to "Password Expiration" > "Never" in Security Settings. It's empty when set to "Server Expiration Period (365 days)" and something else when set to "Expire in X days"?

I guess that means that passexp = 0, then on expiration... null/empty = 365 days after password set... otherwise, x days after password set?

Passexp=0 means never expire
Passexp is NULL means it follows the server password policy
Passexp is > 0 and not NULL means that the password must be changed each X number of days

So PWSET_TIME + PASSEXP = password expiry date

For example, I set my password today and I have to change my password every 35 days:

Code:
NODE_NAME                        PWSET_TIME     PASSEXP
-------------   ---------------------------    --------
MARC             2015-06-10 15:03:33.000000          35

Easier way is to set passexp to null for all nodes, so that way you know they expire following the server policy.

Don't know the syntax of the query, but you would to a select where today - pwset_time is smaller or equal to 7.

An even easier way would be to set the passwordaccess to generate for all nodes, that way TSM will automatically generate a new password when it expires. I'm not a big fan of manual tasks especially when they can be automated.

From the TSM Server Command Line issue - query status
Look for the parameter "Password Expiration Period" this is the global password expiration for admin and clients.

Good Luck,
Sias

Back