Problem with EXCLUDE statement getting to work

ueickler

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to exclude some *.nsf from weekly backup via TDP. We're running on TDP 5.3.2 on LINUX (SLES9 - 2.6.5-7.191). When placing the EXCLUDE statement to domdsmc_<SERVERNAME>/dsm.opt, I receive the following error:

ANS0220E (RC400) An invalid option was found during option parsing.
ACD5412W An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager API initialization, rc = 400.

I've tried different spellings of statement - without luck

EXCLUDE help/help5*
EXCLUDE /SERVERNAME.DOMDBS/help/help5*

Also putting these statements to Backup-Client dsm.sys file (client/ba/bin/dsm.sys) doesn't work proper.

Any idea out there? Any hints appreciated!!

cheers, Uwe

thanks for quick reply,

but the link doesn't help any further. I still get the error - also logged to dsierror.log (see below) Perhaps this is an known bug in the TDP version we're using. Or I am wrong with the syntax.

12/22/10 12:44:20 ANS1038S Invalid option specified
12/22/10 12:44:20 ANS1036S Invalid option 'EXCLUDE' found in options file '/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_notes/dsm.opt'
at line number : 2
Invalid entry : 'exclude /Bonn.DOMDBS/help/help*'

12/22/10 12:44:20 ANS1038S Invalid option specified
12/22/10 12:44:20 ANS0220E An invalid option was found during option parsing.
12/22/10 14:01:21 ANS1036S Invalid option 'EXCLUDE' found in options file '/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_notes/dsm.opt'
at line number : 2
Invalid entry : 'exclude help/help5*'

You r trying to exclude the directory help/help5* and files under it right, then why dont you try this exclude.dir option.

Harry,
where shoud this dsm.sys be located? I've tried - as mentioned - with client/ba/bin/dsm.sys. No result. Should I create a new one located in domimo/bin/domdsmc_<SERVERNAME>/

Thanks for your response.

Found the solution!! Mistake was editing the wrong dsm.sys. Have to do this in client/api/bin/dsm.sys, not in client/ba/bin/dsm.sys.

Thanks for support.

Back