problem while trying to connect to tsm

hgiddey

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am very new in area of tivoli and dataprotection. We are running tivoli for backing up mysap and dataprotection is installed. TSM is installed on one lpar. We can connect and talk to TSM lpar from all other lpars. Currently, I am unable to connect to tsm from one of the lpar. Other lpars are OK. The error on screen is as follows.

dsapsrv0X:db2spY 21> dsmadmc

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager

Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.0

(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Enter your user id: XYZXYZ

ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

ANS8002I Highest return code was -50.

Any leads on where the error could be or what should be checked will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

giddey

:confused:

Hi,

You could do the following. Check your opt file first. Instead of setting PasswordAccess as generate set it to prompt. Try to ping your TSM server from the node,sometimes it might not connect. Check Network Connectivity also.

But mostly in your case it seems to be bad password. Try and reset the password for the node in the TSM server.

Try & do this first

Update Node Nodename Newpassword

Regards

Shamin :) :)

Its not a password issue. But the other suggestions are good - try to ping the tsm server, and check your dsm.opt file.

RC -50 is a TCPIP failure code, check the IP in the DSM.OPT, or if using DNS have admin check the DNS settings make sure it okay.

Thanks you every one for all the responses. The problem was caused due to a bad process running tivoli client. We had to restart the process and every thing was up and working.

Regards.

Back