privilege problem

tarham

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
hello everyone,

I registered an admin who will only do Backup/Archive and Restore/Retrieve operations for a node client.

So I granted the authority of "Client Access" for the admin on the node client, but when I tested the connection to the node client using the UserID of the admin that I registered, I noticed in the connection information that the authorization level of the admin is "Client Owner" !!!

any explanation please?

my concern is that the admin must not have the possibility of deleting archive and backup data of the node client.

thanks

Last edited:
hello everyone,

I registered an admin who will only do Backup/Archive and Restore/Retrieve operations for a node client.

So I granted the authority of "Client Access" for the admin on the node client, but when I tested the connection to the node client using the UserID of the admin that I registered, I noticed in the connection information that the authorization level of the admin is "Client Owner" !!!

any explanation please?

my concern is that the admin must not have the possibility of deleting archive and backup data of the node client.

thanks

How did you enter the command? Was it:

grant auth <admin_name> classes=node auth=access node=<node_name>

Yes that's the syntax I used. Though I didn't fill the option auth (since the default value is access)

Delete the admin, recreate and run grant authority once more.

I did that but the issue remains.

AIX machine: A
TSM node: A
TSM Admin :admin1

grant auth admin1 classes=node auth=access node=A

I launch the client from the machine A (not remotely) and I connet using the UserID: admin1 , is it due to that ?!

I did that but the issue remains.

AIX machine: A
TSM node: A
TSM Admin :admin1

grant auth admin1 classes=node auth=access node=A

I launch the client from the machine A (not remotely) and I connet using the UserID: admin1 , is it due to that ?!

hi , did anyone encounter this problem, I can't figure out a solution
any help is appreciated, thanks

Does the 'admin' in question have higher privileges than what you are giving? If so, the lower one is superseeded.

Back