pre/post backup script

HonzaW

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hallo,
I use TSM DP for VE 7.1.0.
I need stop service before backup and start after backup in one virtual machine. Is it possible?

Thank you for your advice.

Hallo,
I use TSM DP for VE 7.1.0.
I need stop service before backup and start after backup in one virtual machine. Is it possible?

Thank you for your advice.

I am assuming you have a Windows platform as your guest VM. You can use 'net stop|start' command if the right access is given to the account running the TSM BA client from the PROXY server.

No, it's Linux. Where can I set pre/post backup scritpt on proxy server? Some opt file? Which parameter? For example PRESCHEDULECMD and POSTSCHEDULECMD??

PRESCHEDULECMD and POSTSCHEDULECMD uses the same concept regardless of OS TSM BA Client runs on. If your Proxy server in Windows, it is set on dsm.opt file, and *nix, on dsm.sys.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand, how can I set script only for one virtual machine. The configuration file on backup server is for all virtual servers.

Thank You and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand, how can I set script only for one virtual machine. The configuration file on backup server is for all virtual servers.

Thank You and sorry for my bad English.

The command should point to just that machine, and should not affect others. However, the backup will not proceed if the PRE is NOT successful thus affecting all. You can create a different command using a different OPT or SYS file just for that VM.

Back