Ports used for TSM Scheduler

nandystam

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi folks

I have a client node that is having issues installing the TSM Scheduler service. It looks like there is no connectivity when the server tries to contact the client in order to update the schedule (correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression the server tries to contact the client in this case), hence installing the scheduler service always fails.

The dsm.opt on the client has schedmode as polling, and the tcpclientport as 1700. I can run backups manually using the TSM Backup/Archive GUI.

Apart from TCP port 1700, what other ports need to be open on the client in order for the scheduler to work? IBM's documentation is rather vague..

Cheers :)

In polling mode the client contacts the server...

What dsmcutil command(s) are you using to install the service(s)?

In polling mode the client contacts the server...

What dsmcutil command(s) are you using to install the service(s)?

Here's the command

dsmcutil inst /name:"TSM Client Scheduler" /node:nodename /password:xxxx /clientdir:"c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient" /optfile:"c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt" /autostart:yes /startnow:yes

Try adding /validate:yes to your dsmcutil and let us know what the output looks like...

EDIT: oh, and perhaps "dsmcutil install sched"?

is the service up and running? what is the errormessage in dsmsched.log?

Is there a specific reason for using port 1700? Have you tried using the default port 1500? By using the default port and the scheduler works, then the issue is with port 1700.

Also, try using schedmode prompted

I like that one better.

Back