Pool Specific scratch tape

lmccurry

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Forgive what may a neophite question but...

Is it possible to checkin a scratch tape for specific pool use?

I would like to use the 3590E tapes exclusively in the tape pool so they will never be rotated out to the vault by DRM.

Suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance.

LMc :confused:

As long as you define whatever pool you don't want to go to vault as a primary sequential storage pool, it will never be included in your DRM offsite media, but if you make it a copypool, DRM will always want to send them offsite.

This is not correct. DRM manages copypools identified using the SET DRMCOPYSTGPOOL command. Consider my configuration:

tsm: TSMSRV1>select STGPOOL_NAME,POOLTYPE,DEVCLASS from stgpools

STGPOOL_NAME POOLTYPE DEVCLASS

------------------ ------------------ ------------------

COPYPOOL COPY 3590TAPE

DISKDIRPOOL PRIMARY DISK

DISKPOOL PRIMARY DISK

ONSITE_COPY_POOL COPY 3590TAPE

TAPEPOOL PRIMARY 3590TAPE

tsm: TSMSRV1>select * from DRMCSTGPOOLS

STGPOOL_NAME

------------------

COPYPOOL

The tapes in the copy stgpool COPYPOOL are managed by DRM, however the tapes in the copy stgpool ONSITE_COPY_POOL are managed by DRM. I use ONSITE_COPY_POOL to backup DISKDIRPOOL to tape and still be able to have that backup on-site. I also backup DISKDIRPOOL to COPYPOOL, but that backup goes to the vault.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>As long as you define whatever pool you don't want to go to vault as a primary sequential storage pool, it will never be included in your DRM offsite media, but if you make it a copypool, DRM will always want to send them offsite.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>[*]null

Back