• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

orphan sessions - cannot be cancelled

Rhuobhe

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi my OC (Operation Center) lost connectivity to one of my SP instances (spoke server) and the sessions from the OC stayed orphaned on the spoke and I have not been able to cancel them. There are about 5 sessions. Is there any other are way I can cancel these please without causing any downtime and is there any risk to having them around for a short period of time while i troubleshoot this?

My only concern is that these orphan sessions can pin my active log or something. Thank you!

Trident

TSM noob with 10 years expirience
ADSM.ORG Moderator
Hi,

If you have some serves marked as unavailable in OC, then you may need to open a pmr to get a fix. I had the same issue, and we had to patch all servers to fix it properly.

But the orphan sessions never hurt us. They had sessionid 10ish, and before restart, other sessions was higher than 1000000.

What version are you running on the affected systems?

Trident

Rhuobhe

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi I have an open PMR after tracing logs for IBM for several days they are asking us to re-import SSL certificates from spoke to hub or to upgrade the spoke and also hub to a certain version.

As for the spoke it is IBM SP 7.1.7.4 the hub is 8.1.3

Trident

TSM noob with 10 years expirience
ADSM.ORG Moderator
Hi,
We are on 8.1.7.007 on all systems, so the scenarios may not be the same.

Trident

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 51 63.0%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.6%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamoVan