number of tapes of one restore incremental of a TSM node

jomamilo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi people

I want to know the number of tapes that library mount in one restore inceremental for a node.

Is it one TSM comand or select to resolve this questions?

Thanks for all and see you :confused:

Hi, you can get the number of tapes a node is spreaded on by this select:

select count (distinct volume_name) from volumeusage where NODE_NAME='your_node_name' and STGPOOL_NAME='your_stg_pool'

but this is for all data, not only for the active versions, so the nb of required tapes will be probably smaller.

Hope it helps..

Thanks for all but i want to know how many tapes TSM server will mount when i execute this comand:

dsmc restore -virtualn=XXXXXXX -se=XXXXX /opt......................

Don´t exists one instruction like preview =yes, for example?

Thanks crazyman

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hi, you can get the number of tapes a node is spreaded on by this select:

select count (distinct volume_name) from volumeusage where NODE_NAME='your_node_name' and STGPOOL_NAME='your_stg_pool'

but this is for all data, not only for the active versions, so the nb of required tapes will be probably smaller.

Hope it helps..</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> :rolleyes:

I don't know how to do this (whether it is even possible)... Maybe somebody else will know.

But be careful with -virtualnode. Use it only on the same platform as was on the original node. Safe is to use -fromnode.

In most cases the volumeusage information will tell you. When I run restores most of the times every tape owned by the client is mounted since they all have some active data on them (I collocated in my environment). So do a SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE &lt;NODENAME> then identify it by its storage pool. I prefer to run an SQL command to sort it better:

SELECT VOLUME_NAME, STGPOOL_NAME FROM VOLUMEUSAGE WHERE NODE_NAME='&lt;NODE_NAME>' AND STGPOOL_NAME='&lt;NODE'S STGPOOL USED>'

TSMManager has a great query for this and I use it regularly. It's a more in depth query you might check it out.

http://www.tsmmanager.com

Back