Node Locked problem

dhess62

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Keep getting NODE LOCKED on a client, not sure what is causing this to happen.

All of our nodes are set to PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE.

Seems that only this one particular node keeps getting locked periodically.

Client is Ver 5.2.01

Any ideas? :confused:

On the TSM Server, check the actlog it may have some hints.

Possibly another admin is locking the node.

Good luck,

Sias

Looked at the node f=d and found:

Invalid Sign-on Count: 5

unfortunately that node is not on the network right now. I will look at the dsm.opt file when it comes back on line.

The funny thing is that the users never do anything on their end, it is all automated.

Not sure why the node is getting the invalid sign-on. I guess I can try resetting the password for that node, Would that be a step in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dennis

Could be 2 clients using the same node name generating different passwords.

NO, that is the only node with that name.

I have reset the password on the server and the node is set to PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE. I will try resetting the password at the client to match the server password and see if that will work.

When we have experienced this problem it was always due to TSM encrypting the password with a NULL character as the first value in the field. This causes TSM to fail on login attempt since NULL characters are not allowed in the encryption (YET TSM PUTS IT THERE!). Its a known bug and I would have thought fixed long ago but it still shows up every so often. Look at the encrypted password file and see if there is a space or NULL character in the first character position.

Back