New node replacing old one

DusktilDawn

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi, a new node was created to have same parms as the old node which is kept for now. The schedule was assigned to the new node. The old node still has schedule assigned as well. The client opts file was changed to reflect the new node on the server. However, when backup ran, The dsm schedule log still shows the old node. Checking to see if anything was backed up for the new node, nothing was backed up. Is this a conflict because the old node still has the schedule assigned to it? Or am I missing a step(s) with the configuration?

Is there a new schedule service for the new node?
If not the , the current schedule service need to be updated to point to the new dsm.opt file .

Good Luck,
Sias

There is no new schedule service. I believe the user did not stop and start the scheduler service on the server when changing the .opt file. Do you think this will correct it? The schedule service you mentioned, you are referring to the server?

Since I do not know what os is hosting the TSM Client.
I am suspecting that the TSM Client is hosted on a Windows os since you mention opt file.

If in the dsm.opt file we updated the parameter NODENAME from

NODENAME node_a

to
NODENAME node_b

the schedule service need to be stop and restarted so that the new updates will be read. If not, the schedule service will be using the original information.

In order for the TSM Client to perform an automatic scheduled backup, the TSM scheduler/daemon must be running on the client machine during the allotted scheduled window.

Good Luck,
Sias

Yes, it's a Windows server. Thanks, I will restart it, and it should work now.

Back