1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

networker: one pool's tapes not automounting

Discussion in 'EMC NetWorker' started by neuralstatic, Oct 21, 2009.

1. neuralstatic

neuralstatic New Member

hi all, i'm a newb with this, so i hope you can help. i had a tape library and networker 6.13 and an old version of solaris dropped in my lap a while ago. it was operating well, so i was just doing maintenance work on it.

recently it has stopped mounting tapes needed when a task in group control runs. it used to work fine
    -other group control actions mount the appropriate tapes and read/write just fine.
    - if you manually mount the tapes it requests (in Pending window), the job will execute fine.
    - this pool happens to be a rotating batch that gets written over monthly or so. but we have other rotating pools that are working fine.

so the only problem is: with this one task, it can't automatically mount tapes into drives.

can someone point me in directions of things to check? thanks in advance