Need to clarify before upgrading TSM server to 5.5

huttivoli

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have some of the Linux clients with version (Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release) with kernal level ( 2.1AS (Pensacola) and 2.4.9-e.27 #1 Tue Aug 5 15:59:55 EDT 2003 i686 unknown). Currently 5.2 client version is installed in these nodes and I am not sure whether 5.3.6 will be supported or not because I am not able to find it in the list.

My planning is to leave these client as it is and upgrade my TSM server to 5.5. but I am not sure whether 5.2 client will connect and work fine with TSM 5.5 version.

Please help me in this.

Hi nezih, you mean to say if I don't upgrade tsm client versions from 5.2 version and upgrade my TSM server version 5.5, they will able to communicate without any issue.

Anything else I have to take care for this?

They in most cases will be able to communicate, there are always exceptions. The 5.3.6 client for RH3 is located under the 5.4 client downloads. The issue you will run into with support will be 5.2 client to 5.5 server is not supported.

Here is the correct linux version

Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola)

Kernal version

Linux sg01qsk01ict5r5 2.4.9-e.27 #1 Tue Aug 5 15:59:55 EDT 2003 i686 unknown

I just want to confirm whether TSM 5.2 client will communicate with TSM server 5.5

Because its not possible for us to upgrade Linux versions for now.

A 5.2 client will talk to a 5.5 server but it isn't supported by IBM. If there are any issues, IBM will tell you to upgrade to a 5.4 client or higher.

-Aaron

A 5.2 client will talk to a 5.5 server but it isn't supported by IBM. If there are any issues, IBM will tell you to upgrade to a 5.4 client or higher.

-Aaron

IBM officially provides support for one FULL version But as Aaron stated we found our clients outside of the supported range still communicated with the server. Of course when you open a PMR you will be advised to upgrade. :up:

Thank you all for reply. This only I wanted.

Back