Need download and info for ADSM client 3.1.0.8

Janice Kline

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Don't laugh to loud. I inherited this stuff. I have a older aix 4.3.2.0 server that is running TSM Client ADSM 3.1.0.8. I want to upgrade this client. I think I can go to 4.2.0. Can't get specific answers from IBM because the clients are unsupported. Are there any issues with bumping up the client from the adsm 3.1.0.8 to tsm 4.2.0? Will I be able to restore the older backed up 3.1.0.8 data using the tsm client 4.2.0?

Also, is there anywhere where I can download this old ADSM client 3.1.0.8? Would like to have a copy incase I would have to put this client back to this level.

May want to try these mirror site for ftp.software.ibm.com , not sure if the code would be there or not.

ftp.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de ( Germany)
ftp.wu-wien.ac.at ( Austria)
ftp.cac.psu.edu ( Pennsylvania)

Good luck,
Sias

Don't laugh to loud. I inherited this stuff. I have a older aix 4.3.2.0 server that is running TSM Client ADSM 3.1.0.8. I want to upgrade this client. I think I can go to 4.2.0. Can't get specific answers from IBM because the clients are unsupported. Are there any issues with bumping up the client from the adsm 3.1.0.8 to tsm 4.2.0? Will I be able to restore the older backed up 3.1.0.8 data using the tsm client 4.2.0?

Also, is there anywhere where I can download this old ADSM client 3.1.0.8? Would like to have a copy incase I would have to put this client back to this level.

Try this link for client download but I think it just list V3 R7 as the oldest (3.7.x)

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/

If you have a later client - 4.x - it will restore 3.x backed up data.

Something to keep in mind with the older clients, the formats that ADSM/TSM used for archives changed between 3.1.x, 3.7.x and 4.1.x Once you go forward with a new version, you can not go back.

Good luck.

-Aaron

Back