NDMP Tape Volume Details

buster99

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello, we have run into an issue where it appears that our offsite NDMP backups have fallen far behind the onsite backups. I'm trying to determine how far behind they are at this time. If I do a "q con vol f=d" on a volume it shows me some info but I was wondering if there was a way to determine the "create date" of the listed filespace images. Is there a script that can pull that info for us or some other location to look ? Thank you

[FONT=r_ansi][FONT=r_ansi][FONT=r_ansi][FONT=r_ansi]example:

q con 030015L5 f=d

[/FONT]
[/FONT]Node Name: N3600A
Type: Bkup
Filespace Name: /vol/FSEXPL
Hexadecimal Filespace Name:
FSID: 27
Client's Name for File: /NAS/IMAGE
Hexadecimal Client's Name for File:
Aggregated?: No
Stored Size: 687,289.40 M
Segment Number: 1/2
Cached Copy?: No
Linked: No
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

How did you determine that the onsite backup is not in sync with the offsite backup?

Hello Ed,

We ran a script to compare our total onsite tape NDMP size vs our offsite tape NDMP size and discovered that there was quiet a bit of difference. Also, the daily offsite backup was asking for more and more older tapes that had been pulled from the library due to space issues in the library itself. Some of the tapes had "last written" dates going back a year or so. So, we were using "q content" to view what was going onto the newly created offsite tapes, but the details don't offer any create date info for the different files on the tapes. That is what I wanted to see if I could find on these newly created offsite tapes. Thank you

Do you run storage pool backups daily? if you do, and no data is backed up between the online pool and offsite pool, then all is in sync.

What I think is happening is that you do not run the expiration and reclamation process properly for both pools. SWhy, you said a lot of you online tapes are out of the library due to slot issue. If these are out of the library, then reclamation cannot run properly. Check this one out.

Back