My TSM schedule going to pending state, when i use CAD service and sched mode prompted.

anandqq

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can some one help me on the below scheduling issue.

We have TDP Sql backup configured with CAD services.The schedule is going to pending and its not getting started unless i manually start the TSM scheduler service.

No errors found in actlog ,schedlog and webcl log.Its happening for entire TSM server which are using schmode prompted with CAD enabled.

tried updating the node with HL address and LL address no luck.

Any suggestions for this issue will be helpful.

Check the activity log to see if the server tried to contact the client?

What's the schedule duration?
and what's the "Schedule Randomization Percentage" in Q STATUS?
How long have you waited before taking action?

If the duration is 4 hours, and random percent 25%, this means the schedule will start sometime in the first 25% of 4 hours, or the first hour. So if you waited less than hour, that could be why. You can reduce the duration to start quicker. The duration is kind of a misleading term, it's really the duration of the window that the back can start in, not how long the backup can run.

Hi Marclant,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Check the activity log to see if the server tried to contact the client?

I can not find an log related to this..No errors nothing.

What's the schedule duration?

When i have schedmode polling it working fine.When its in prompted its not working
I have tried define client action for sql log backup.Its goes to pending and states in pending!

and what's the "Schedule Randomization Percentage" in Q STATUS?

I am yet to check on that.I will check and update on the same!

I am using schedmode prompted , i hope Schedule Randomization Percentage will not work on "prompted sched mode'

How long have you waited before taking action?

I have waited more than a day too , when i refresh cad service the backup is getting started!

If you are suggesting to keep Schedule Randomization Percentage how much percentage you need to keep for def client action

Regards,
Anand

I have waited more than a day too , when i refresh cad service the backup is getting started!
If you waited that long, it has nothing to do with duration or schedule randomization.

Check the server activity log at the time the schedule started and continue reading the log for several minutes until you see a message that the scheduler is trying to contact your client.

So if the schedule is supposed to start at 13:00, wait until 14:00 and then issue:
query actlog begintime=13:00

Read it line by line look for the schedule name and attempts by the server to contact the client. I suspect that either the server doesn't try or has a problem connecting.

The reason it works when you restart CAD is because you do it while still in the backup window and when CAD starts, it starts the client scheduler which checks with the server for schedules.

Back