1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Multiple Server Instance Restore Help needed

Discussion in 'TSM Database' started by Gengar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Gengar

Gengar New Member

Hi Guys,

I have some questions which i really need some help with please... I have a machine which has 4 x instances of TSM server running on different ports. I am looking to restore DB's from other servers into each instance so i have all my servers eventually on one physical machine.

now, as a test to start with before i get more complicated, i have backed up a file on SERVER1 and then created a disk as tape devc and backed up the database on SERVER1. All good so far. now, halting all the servers, and running up dsmserv i suddenly thought "how does it know which instance to restore to?" ( i want to restore to SERVER4 ) as i installed TSM ONCE then configured 4 x instances ( so onle one SERVER directory but instances SERVER1,2,3 and 4. Running DSMSERV from the \program files\tivoli\tsm\server directory how do i tell it to restore SERVER1 DB to the instance of SERVER4 ??

Im a little confused at this point?

Cheers

AndyG.

3. Harry_Redl

Harry_Redl Moderator

IT Consultant
    Hi,

dsmserv -k ServerXYZ.....
    look into registry which key belongs to which instance
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\.....

Harry