Moving data from one volume to another volume in the same storage pool

vvragav

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi, How can i move data from one volume to another volume defined in the same storage pool. We have two drives and we want to move the data directly from one volume to another volume.

Thank you

you cannot move data from one volume to a particular destination volume.

move data volume_name ---TSM will take care of destination volume in the same stgpool unless you specified stgpool.

If you want to send to a particular volume then you need to make all other volumes in that stgpool as readonly

update volume * access=readonly wherestgpool=stgpool_name
then
update volume volume_name access=readwrite
then
move data volume_name

Hi,

I need to migrate a an old LTO pool to a new LTO pool, but cannot use the mig stg because not all volumes are inside the volume. So I want to use the move data gradually.

Will this work to move data between primary storage pools?

move data * stgpool=MY_NEW_POOL
where stg=MYOLDPOOL
where status=FULL

And how to add a condition of volume inside the library?

Hi,
It will not work. The command doesn't accept wildcard characters or conditions. You have to specify the volume name.
A better option would be move nodedata. You can do something like:

move nodedata * from=MYOLDPOOL to=MY_NEW_POOL type=ANY

You can do this only for primary storage pools. If the source is a copy or active-data storage pool it will just move the data within the same storage pool.

It will use all available volumes to do as much as it can. Then as they get emptied you can make room to insert the remaining volumes, mark them readw or reado and re-start the process.

Rudy

Back