Move Drmedia

tommy13v

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am was wondering how I can move volumes that are in vault retrieve to onsite but excluding 1 tape from the list.

I have 10 tapes that need to be moved onsite but 11 in vault retrieve. Normally I would use * and select bulk but I need to keep the 11th tape in the vault.

Thanks

move drm ##### wherest=vaultr tostat=onsiter

######=tape label

* just means all. If you dont want all, you must specify each tape.

This is the way i do it unless somebody knows a way easier.

I accidentally moved the tape that is in vaultretrieve to onsite. How do I put it back to a state of vaultretrieve?

move drmedia ###### wherestate=mountable tostate=vault

(###### = tape label)

Once it's moved to onsite retreive it's a done deal... unless of course you are willing to restore to a TSM db backup before you ran the command. I'd just track this one tape manually. However, I have to ask. Why do you want to keep an empty tape at the vault?

curtis

the problem was that I did not have the tape yet. I eventually tracked it down and put in onsite.

I think you are out of luck. You'll have to track the tape manually. Just remember that if you want to use the tape, you'll need a TSM database backup that recognizes it as holding data. This means that all the DB backups you've run since then won't do you any good. You need one from **before** you moved it to onsiteret.

Back