Missed its scheduled start up window

LarryB

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.telstraclear.co.nz
Hi all,

I have a heavily utilised server. I have configure a new backup schedule as COMMAND to run a tdpexcc for MS Exchange backup (batch script on server) on the target server. However, it always seems to come up with the following error. I have increased the window to 12 hrs and priority of 1. Still does not run. There appears to be no other messages in the activity log. My understanding is this a situation of the server having too much to do as will not run this backup. However, it always seems to be this one that misses out. There is not evidence (logs) of the the client contacting the client, rather it never runs.

Any explanation offered or other reason why it may not work?

What is the criteria or order of precedence that TSM uses to run something? references to web material is appreciated

7/15/2009 08:00:01 ANR2578W Schedule TSTEXCCLU01_DLYINC in domain PD_EXCHANGE_05 for node TSTEXCCLU01 has missed its scheduled start up window.

If you open the dsmsched.log in the baclient folder, do you see the exchange schedule being picked up from the TSM Server?

If you open the dsmsched.log in the baclient folder, do you see the exchange schedule being picked up from the TSM Server?
Thanks for your help
We have the BA (OS and Files) to one node and the Exchange to another node. If I login into the Exchange Node, and q sche. I can see the schedule. There no eviedence the schedule has run against the exchange server. No dsmsched.log from the TDP based back or for BA

So do you have seperate Windows Services for the two jobs...one for the BA client schedule and one for the Exchange Schedule?

Hi, it appears that the scheduler services is not active.
Are you sure that you have installed the scheduler service for TDP?
And not 2 scheduler for the client node?

Run this command:
q act begind=-1 search=TSTEXCCLU01
Are there client contact informations?

What is your "Query Schedule Period"?

TSTEXCCLU01 .. it's a cluster, right?

Did you set up the services as cluster resources? Are they started in the cluster manager? Is the entire thing configured correctly for a cluster environment?

TSTEXCCLU01 .. it's a cluster, right?

Did you set up the services as cluster resources? Are they started in the cluster manager? Is the entire thing configured correctly for a cluster environment?
Yes, the cluster resource is configured and services are started by cluster resource. The TDP service starts up OK. Did some experiments to make sure it picks up the correct option file.

Hi, it appears that the scheduler services is not active.
Are you sure that you have installed the scheduler service for TDP?
And not 2 scheduler for the client node?

Run this command:
q act begind=-1 search=TSTEXCCLU01
Are there client contact informations?

What is your "Query Schedule Period"?

It appears never to make any attempt to run or even contact the client... All the other schedules run OK. hmmmmm...

The "Query Schedule Period" is set for client.

No Client contact or even an attempt.

The only message below in the log
07/16/2009 08:00:01 ANR2578W Schedule TSTEXCCLU01_DLYINC in domain
PD_EXCHANGE_05 for node TSTEXCCLU01 has missed its
scheduled start up window.

If there isn't contact informations in actlog, the problem is in the scheduler service.

Open the console.
Restart the scheduler service on TSTEXCCLU01.
Can you see in the console any contact information?
-- Messsage: ANR0406I Session 102194 started for node TSTEXCCLU01 --

In dsm.opt file what is the value of querysch?

Inside your schedule, do you have the target of the batch file in the objects or options? The path has to be in objects for it to work properly. Are you able to run the script manually?

Back